Island Music - released today
26 February 2016
Exiting news! For the first time in three years, the Summer Isles Post Office has a new Stamp Issue.
‘Island Music’ celebrates the release of a new album by local musician Mairearad Green called ‘Summer Isles’, and features four stunning photographs of Mairearad, her accordion, and the Island - taken by Peter Haring, who lives in Polbain overlooking the Summer Isles. The ‘First Day Cover’ - an envelope bearing all four stamps cancelled with a specially designed frank – is illustrated by Mairearad.
You can read all about the Issue – and order the stamps, First Day Cover, and even the album too – at www.summer-isles.com/stamp-issue-2016.asp.
Read more about Mairearad and her music at www.mairearadgreen.com - or catch one of her gigs: on Friday 26th February at 3pm at The Music Station in Inverness; Saturday 27th February 3pm at Coda Music Store in Edinburgh, and chatting on BBC Radio Scotland on Sunday eve (28th February).
More locally, Mairearad will be performing at 3.30pm on Friday 4th March at An Talla Solais, on Saturday 2nd April in the Coigach Community Hall and Sunday 3rd April in the Macphail centre. The Summer Isles stamps will be available at each of these events. There will be more gigs throughout the summer, both nation-wide and – we hope – on Tanera itself. Watch this space!
- 19/06/2017 New chapter for Tanera
- 31/03/2017 Island Music - live!
- 26/02/2016 Island Music - released today
- 29/10/2015 Tanera 2016 - a special offer for early booking.
- 22/10/2013 John Muir Trust work party on Tanera
- 05/05/2013 Tanera Mor for sale...
- 27/01/2013 Hebridean sheep wintering on Tanera
- 22/11/2012 John Muir Trust work party on Tanera
- 28/09/2012 The future of Tanera
- 11/06/2012 Wildfire sweeps accross Tanera