New chapter for Tanera
19 June 2017
Almost exactly four years to the day after the Wilders and Williams put Tanera on the open market, a sale has been completed. It’s the end of an era – 21 years after Bill and Jean Wilder moved to Tanera - but also the start of a very exciting new era for the Island, and for Richard and Lizzie as they will remain very involved with Tanera, working for the purchaser.
Ian Wace, a successful businessman based in England, is captivated by Tanera’s natural beauty, authenticity, and history. He has been struck by Tanera’s importance within the community of Coigach, and is determined that the Island will retain this importance: Tanera is already employing several people and this new phase will bring many benefits locally.
Plans are currently being developed, boats have been purchased and a team is being assembled. The first task is to replace and upgrade much of the Island’s infrastructure over the coming months and thereafter start work on a few of the properties, with further works to follow over the coming years.
It is an ambitious and exciting project and in Ian Wace Tanera has been lucky enough to find an individual with the vision, resources, energy and courage to make it all a reality. Watch this space ...
- 19/06/2017 New chapter for Tanera
- 31/03/2017 Island Music - live!
- 26/02/2016 Island Music - released today
- 29/10/2015 Tanera 2016 - a special offer for early booking.
- 22/10/2013 John Muir Trust work party on Tanera
- 05/05/2013 Tanera Mor for sale...
- 27/01/2013 Hebridean sheep wintering on Tanera
- 22/11/2012 John Muir Trust work party on Tanera
- 28/09/2012 The future of Tanera
- 11/06/2012 Wildfire sweeps accross Tanera