Conditions of Hire
1. A non-returnable booking deposit of 50% of the Cottage rental is required at the time of booking. The balance is due four weeks before the commencement date. If the booking is made within four weeks of the commencement date, the full rental will be required. Please make cheques payable to Summer Isles Enterprises Ltd, alternatively bank transfers can be arranged on request.
2. Should you have to cancel your booking a refund will only be made if we are able to re-let the cottage for the period concerned. If successful we will refund the deposit and balance, if already paid, less a £15.00 re-booking fee.
3. The Owner accepts no liability for any injury, loss or damage to guests and/or their belongings, damage by or to any third party or for damage to any motor vehicle or contents thereof.
4. Cottages and all contents must be left clean and tidy upon departure, with the exception of linen which is laundered at the Owner's expense. Additional cleaning charges will be made if Cottages are left in an untidy and dirty condition.
5. Any damage and breakages are your responsibility and we reserve the right to levy appropriate charges to compensate for any reasonable damage caused. Very minor breakages will not usually be charged but do please inform us so that these may be replaced before arrival of the next guests.
6. Smoking is not permitted in any of the cottages.
7. Dogs must be kept under proper control at all times and are not allowed on the furniture, nor in any upstairs areas, nor are they to be left unattended in a Cottage. Dog owners will be held responsible for any damage caused to the property, contents or garden by their dog and for any extra cleaning required. There is a charge of £15.00 per dog per week/break. No more than 2 dogs are allowed per property.
8. The cost of the cottage includes ferry to and from the island at the beginning and end of the holiday.
9. Entry to Cottages: Please contact us (01854 622 797) a week before the start of your stay on the Island to arrange a ferry pick up time from Badentarbet Pier; it will be from 4pm onwards. Departure times are from approximately 10am; arrangements can be finalised during your stay.
10. Charges for shorter breaks are as follows:
• A 2 night break costs 50% of weekly rate
• A 3 night break costs 75% of weekly rate
• A 4 night break costs 85% of weekly rate
• 5 nights or over costs the full weekly rate
11. If bad weather prevents crossing to or from the Island the Owner is not responsible for any costs incurred, and therefore suggest holiday makers take out their own insurance. However, we will of course help arrange alternative accommodation should the need arise.